East Bay Family Care Community Partnership (EBFCCP)
Families who are buried under layers of stress and daily pressure need guidance and support from caring professionals to restructure a healthy life together. Through the efforts of the East Bay Family Care Community Partnership (EBFCCP), of which Child & Family is the Lead Agency, these families can rediscover a sense of self efficacy, hope and possibilities. They may be facing homelessness, possible abuse and neglect, or in need of psychiatric hospitalization for a child. These are the direst of circumstances that the EBFCCP undertake to create a positive outcome.
More than 200 families are asked about their hopes and dreams, holiday celebrations, cultural traditions and family gatherings to get a sense of individual core values and strengths. These are building blocks to base the new family dynamic from which stable connections are reestablished. Participants actively meet with professionals and other natural supports for five months on average and up to one year when necessary. During that time they are connecting with community support and developing a team-based plan to create unique solutions for each family member. 40% of EBFCCP’s families are referred through the Department of Children, Youth and Families (DCYF) and the remaining 60% are from medical professionals, schools or direct contact from a family member.
Besides its core work with families in a private setting, the EBFCCP creates public events to bring the community together. These efforts provide the East Bay community with information on family safety and family health.
Coordinated activities and events include
- Community education events
- Resource fairs
- Family fun run/walk activities
- Family fun days
- Camp scholarships
Ultimately this partnership thrives through the dedicated partners involved across the East Bay community that vow to make a difference with these families.
Our partnerships continue to grow and include these fine organizations.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Newport County
- Child & Family (EBFCCP Lead Agency)
- Department of Children, Youth and Families
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Community Center
- East Bay Center
- East Bay Community Action Program
- Family Care Community Partnership
- Met School
- Newport County Community Mental Health Center
- Newport County YMCA
- Newport Housing Authority
- Newport Partnership for Families
- Prevent Child Abuse Rhode Island
- Village Project
- Women’s Resource Center