The generosity of Rhode Island residents during the Holiday Season warms our hearts.
During designated drop off days our hallways are filled to the brim with donations of food, gift cards, toys, clothing, cash and other gifts. We hear stories about families and groups of friends foregoing gifting to one another and choosing to support Child & Family’s Holiday Giving program instead. Every ounce of participation means more than you can ever imagine and we encourage you to get involved and help make a positive change.
Child & Family’s Holiday Giving program supports children, families and elders who are unable to enjoy the holiday season in the special way that most of us take for granted.
Thanksgiving Basket Program
To learn more about the Thanksgiving Basket and Adopt-A-Family Program and how it works, please click on the Holiday Giving Instructions and Sign-Up Form located on this page.
Child & Family is fortunate to receive generous contributions made by
- Child & Family employees
- And long standing friends and families of our agency!
Each holiday season reinforces the strength of our motto “caring for our community,” when donating and volunteering are priorities for Newport County residents. Child & Family is one agency serving the needs of those without means to enjoy a Thanksgiving feast or holiday celebration. Both the Thanksgiving Basket and Adopt-A-Family programs continue to offer these well-deserved families extra support over the holidays.
Fun Ways to Fill Your Thanksgiving Basket or Holiday Wish List
- Host a girl’s night and invite your friends to bring items on the list
- Create an office challenge for each department to fill a basket in seven days or less
- Shop the BOGO (buy-one-get-one) sales and fill two baskets for the price of one
- Rally your book club, knitting club, running club and other organizations to fill a basket or wish list at your next meeting and theme it!
Get started today! With just a few keystrokes your contributions will be counted towards this year’s bounty. Become a part of the solution for a happy holiday season and submit your holiday giving form now.