Holiday Giving Instructions
THANKSGIVING & ADOPT-A-FAMILY PROGRAMS
Thanksgiving Basket Program
1. Fill out our “Sign-up” form where you will decide the number of baskets you would be able to make or if you would like to contribute to the program by providing a monetary donation or gift certificates to Shaw’s or Stop & Shop. (These grocery stores are easily accessible to our clients).
2. We will send you a confirmation that we received the form.
3. You make a basket (laundry baskets work well) with non-perishable goods for a family of 4. Due to an ever increasing need of baskets, instead of doing a bigger basket for more people we encourage you to do multiple baskets if you are able. Most items for Thanksgiving dinner can be purchased in nonperishable form, i.e. boxed stuffing, canned cranberry sauce, canned vegetables, instant mashed potatoes, (white or sweet potatoes, apples or things that do not need refrigeration can be accepted in their “natural” form). We are not able to accept turkeys, so a gift certificate to Stop & Shop or Shaw’s needs to go along with your basket.
4. Please put the gift certificate in an envelope so that it is noticeable and does not get lost in the basket.
5. On November 18thth (Friday) drop off your basket at Child & Family (31 John Clarke Rd., Middletown, R.I.) between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m.
6. Have a happy Thanksgiving! Please fill out the “Sign up” form by November 1st if possible We hope you will join us as we bring the Holiday Season to those in need. Thank you for your support!
- Fill out our “Sign-up” form where you will decide the number of children you would like to provide gifts for or if you would like to contribute to the program by providing generic gifts, gift certificates or a monetary donation.
- We will send you a confirmation that we received the form.
If Adopting a Family:
- As soon as possible we will send you a specific family (and identifying information) with a “wish list” from the child (or children) for whom you will be shopping.
- When shopping for and deciding how many children you can sponsor, keep in mind that your kindness will constitute the only holiday gifts received by an individual child. Many people ask what to spend per child. We have found that $100-$150 is an average, but please use your own guidelines.
- Wrap all gifts and firmly attach the child’s name to each gift. Bag or box them together and attach a copy of the Wish list Form to each bag or box. The Wish list Form will have the family number, parent’s first name, staff worker’s name, children’s names. We ask that you identify the gifts you have given so that the parents are aware and include any receipts of clothing items that might need to be exchanged. If you are giving any gift cards those should be put in an envelope and attached to the ID form.
- Drop off your gifts on December 15 & 16th (Thursday and Friday 8:00am – 6:00pm)
If Donating Generic Gifts:
- Drop off generic unwrapped gifts on December 13 & 14.
If Giving Gift Certificates:
- Pick stores that are accessible to local families and versatile.
- Drop these off at Child & Family on or before December 14.
If Giving a Monetary Donation:
- Mail or drop off to Child & Family with your name and address noting that it is for our holiday program. Please do this before December 14th.
Have a great holiday! Please fill out the “Sign up” form so we have all of your information. We hope you will join us as we bring the Holiday Season to those in need. Thank you for your support!